Spider Man ImagesI don’t read comic books, I don’t collect them, and I couldn’t tell you the slightest thing about them.  I collected baseball cards in my youth.  They are now worth less than the paper they’re printed on and comic books go for loads of loot.  Let’s just say I probably should have chosen comic books.  That said, this sort of PC garbage would have made me burn that collection faster than the steroids era in Major League Baseball.

I could probably name five comic book characters – those that have had their comic story adapted to the big screen.  And among those, I could probably only tell you the background of two – Superman and Spider-Man.  Both a couple of white dudes that couldn’t talk to girls but saved the planet on the side.

Now this?

New Yorkers take their fictional heroes seriously, so it may come as a shock to some that Peter Parker, the Queens native whose destiny was forever altered by a radioactive/genetically altered spider, has been killed off in the “Ultimates” imprint of Marvel Comics. The Ultimate series is different from Marvel’s standard line, in which Peter Parker is still happily toiling away as everybody’s favorite hard-luck hero.

No, in the Ultimates series, Peter Parker gets killed at the hands of his nemesis the Green Goblin. But, being a comic book series, no hero stays dead for long. While Peter Parker may be gone, a new kid is stepping into the tights: Miles Morales.

Miles Morales is a half-black, half-Hispanic super-powered teen who gets into the hero game after being inspired by Parker’s death.

“He’s younger than Peter Parker, he’s coming from a completely different background, a completely different world view,” writer Brian Michael Bendis told the Associated Press. Bendis, who has been writing Ultimate Spider-Man (and many other) comics for Marvel since 2000, is enthusiastic about the change. “I’m now sitting with a pile of legitimately new Spider-Man stories to tell and that is the best news a writer could have.”

No word on whether the change in ethnicity is going to play a role in casting decisions in upcoming Spider-Man movies or Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark.

I suppose this is that old even Santa Claus can be black argument that PC morons love to float.  At what point do the a-holes that still think this way begin to realize that playing the color-driven race game only moves the ball in the wrong direction?  Kids don’t need to see Spider-Man as a mixed-race minority to understand that we no longer live in a white-run world of prejudice and racial barriers to achievement.  They need you to quit screwing with their superheros before they develop a dueling complex of your making.

Throwing a mask on a mixed-race superhero.  Real cool lefty d-bags.  What?  He’s not “good” enough to do it without the disguise?

See… Two can play that game.  Stop screwing with our superheros.  And stop screwing with our kids.

Use Facebook to Comment on this Post

6 comments for “Spider-Man Peter Parker Killed Off; Replaced by Half Black Half Hispanic Miles Morales?

1. jj
    August 3, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Couldn’t come up with a new superhero for this character, huh? I remember the last attempt, which failed. So let’s just steal ol’ Spidey’s character and give it to a new guy. Sounds like our immigration policy.

2. Read a Comic
    August 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm

There are multiple story lines in multiple universes in virtually every comic line, Marvel DC Dark Horse just to name a few. This is one possible universe basically for a singularly possible Spiderman story. Is it really that offensive to you all that a character that resides behind a mask just so happens to me of a race other than white. While I’ll admit the idea isn’t entirely original I will say at least its slightly more original than misinformed bigots running their mouths online.

3. Ben
    August 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm

“I don’t read comic books…”

This article should have ended right here. “I don’t read comic books, but I’m going to run my mouth about what’s wrong with them!”

If you did read comic books, or even paid attention to them in the least, you would realize that Mile Morales is a character in Marvel’s “Ultimate” line, which is a constant reimagining of the characters we’ve known for years. Don’t get your tighty whiteys in a bunch, the good old, non-threatening “real” Peter Parker is still alive, well, and undoubtedly white.

Sheesh.

4. Aaron
    August 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

It doesn’t bother me that the guy behind the mask isn’t white. It bothers me that he isn’t Peter Parker. How lame of marvel to “re-image” Spider-Man in this completely non-original way.

5. Ron
    August 10, 2011 at 2:00 pm

To all of you out there who are freaking out about this…

Spiderman “isn’t real”

so you should all just … RELAX,

talk about douchebags…..

6. g palmer
    August 13, 2011 at 11:05 am

Next they will make him a bisexual pervert that doesnt know whether he wants to be a man or get a sex change operation LOL!!
    Although I wouldnt put Spiderman in the American Hero category there is no doubt hes a cartoon icon. I find it very disheartening that our Real Heros, the founders of this country continue to be beaten down in history books.
    In 30 years we have seen George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Benjamin Franklin, ect put down and in their place we have Martin L King, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Barack Obama types or for real. This country was not founded as a Socialist or Communist country. To cave into 13% of our population that want to be enslaved by Gov’t and expect to be taken care of without benefiting society in any way is pure ignorance.

Comments are closed.